left our open thread: You ain't seen Random yet

Monday, April 30, 2007

You ain't seen Random yet


As if 40 posts in April were not enough, I seem to be having a Larry King moment (minus the suspenders and half dozen wives):

  • *To the Googlers among us, I do not know if Josh Hancock was drunk, though the fact that Mike Shannon's offered to call him a cab perhaps implies something, but I do know that he was not at the Bob Costas event, though LaRussa and Edmonds and Rolen were. It's still a shame.
  • *My insurance company sent me a new ID card. It's platinum. (Really!) Considering my claims total, I'm hoping for frequent flier miles.
  • *Am I not supposed to notice that plain old unleaded is suddenly two pennies away from three bucks without even the excuse of a major holiday or major hurricane? Can't wait until Memorial Day or the invasion of Iran, whichever comes first.
  • *Squickiest news of the day: even non-religious Muslim women in France are paying up to $4k to have their hymens re-sewn. I understand there are social, cultural, and religious implications, and yet, my reaction can accurately be summarized in three letters: yow!
  • *And finally, I just have to ask: Random Hospodarsky, where are you now?

0 Comments: