left our open thread: No Moss!

Monday, April 30, 2007

No Moss!


I wasn't at all disappointed that the Packers didn't trade for Randy Moss. The record is clear that I never wanted him in Green Bay. What's troubling is that the Packers seem to have managed the draft as if they were going to get the troublesome receiver, and didn't. I hope like hell a few of these players amount to more than special teams contributors. But if Ted Thompson thinks he's got three years to develop these players into something, he's as delusional as a Cubs fan. As a flamboyant coach whose name escapes me once said, "This is the NFL and that stands for Not For Long if you don't produce."

Based on free agency and the draft, the 8-8 Packers might improve to 9-7 next year. I see no Super Bowls in Brett Favre's playing future.

2 Comments:

Allison said...

>>>>I wish I had gone full Monty into this spring-is-sprung weekend, but I did keep track of the NFL draft, particularly as it was mis-managed by the Green Bay Packers. But why go there? That would only spoil the mood.<<<<

Have all the contentment you could stand?

Anonymous said...

Brett is taking us back to the Super Bowl this season, and you better get ready to jump back on the bandwagon!