left our open thread: Jerry Falwell mea culpa

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Jerry Falwell mea culpa


Yesterday I posted about the death of Jerry Falwell, whom I labeled as an "inspiration" in the headline. An anonymous commenter, my favorite kind, took me to task and advised that I seek forgiveness for my blasphemy.

I'm always open to suggestions and constructive criticism, so I sought forgiveness. In the process, I came across this from Jonathan Alter in Newsweek:

Don’t Believe the Hype
Jerry Falwell built a megachurch, and created a university-both laudable feats. But his influence on American politics has been vastly overstated.


It must suck to realize your "guiding light" was a dim bulb. I'm no more a blasphemer than Falwell was an inspiration. I apologize for labeling him as such in the headline.

0 Comments: