left our open thread: I demand

Friday, January 04, 2008

I demand


that the Democrats of New Hampshire (not that, to my knowledge, anyone from New Hampshire has ever visited here, and I do keep an eye on ya'll) vote for anyone but Hillary based on her evident pro-torture stance. I mean, it's grammatical and all, but this is a pretty torturous sentence:

"I feel that we executed what we thought was the limit of what we could produce in Iowa under the circumstances that we were facing," she told reporters at a cafe in Manchester.

And, liar, liar, pantsuits on fire.

And--and!--given the rest of her lines are all about not having "false hopes" and not taking a "leap of faith", if this fear-mongering scare-tactic crap starts to work, I'm just going have to get out my big stick and start using it. Surely not.

Er. Ahem. I mean, yay democracy! Vote for whomever you please, New Hampshire!

Just get it right.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

It is beyond my comprehension why anyone could or would vote for Hillary.

That quote just confirms that she's so far down the road of the politically compromised she can't even construct a sentence saying, "I lost, but am confident I'll do better next time."

This is really disappointing coming from someone who, her supporters would argue, is a great thinker, a brilliant mind, a visionary in politics.

Then again, I think we've seen for decades (or so it feels, I'm thinking of that "60 Minutes" interview during Bill's first candidacy) that she's full of, um, "stuff" and willing to say most anything just to get herself elected.

Which separates her -- not at all -- from most of the other candidates. Ahh, the presidential race.

Allison said...

Amen, (soy)sister.

Except that she doesn't disappoint me, since she gives me exactly what I expect from her.