left our open thread: Stupid Is as Stupid Does

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Stupid Is as Stupid Does


I'm sure the anonymous Iowan would beg to differ, assuming he/she/it knows what that means, but I am not a stupid person. Sure, I may have once been flummoxed by the fact that there's no such thing as a travel-sized Twister game, but who says that's not just Hasbro's small-mindedness (or, I can't resist adding, lack thereof).

Now, when I first wrote that paragraph, it was the beginning of a rant about some of the people who deign to present at an international conference attended by 6,500. My indignation about that, however, has all but faded away, and, regardless, there are far more important targets for my ire, and yours, too. I'll let Leonard Pitts explain, because my public service announcement for today is that if you don't read him regularly, you really should.

0 Comments: