left our open thread: Monday nights on NBC

Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday nights on NBC


Am I a good liberal if the mere sound of Aaron Sorkin dialogue sends me running from the room? I can remember speeding home from a night class to watch The West Wing, back when it was good, but I have no patience for this new version of the Hollywood Sermon on the Mount. I'd much rather spend my time with a self-regenerating cheerleader, the Japanese guy who bends space and time, and the only corrupt Republican who has ever charmed me. Escapism much?

Oh, and speaking of NBC, does anyone share my pain that the complete DVD set of Homicide: Life on the Street has been released for a list price of THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS? Sure, it's 35 DVDs, and sure, I'd never watch them all. But, man, I'd love to have it sitting next to the other TV DVDs I never watch. Best. show. ever.


3 Comments:

Lonnie said...

Best. Show. Ever. Without a doubt. Will you buy it for me for Christmas if I make you a copy?

Lonnie said...

By the way, Monday Night Football is now on ESPN.

Allison said...

Sure, just as soon as I find some piece of OJ memorabilia to eBay.