left our open thread: No really, I'm not

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

No really, I'm not


In recent days I've learned all my students' names and how to prounce them, (c'mon, America--for the love of dios, do not pronounce German like the language they speak in Berlin), performed miracles of modern scheduling, created and taught lessons without benefit of sleep or time, tutored algebra, physical science, biology, Spanish, geometry, history, and English simultaneously and I'm not even kidding, mostly got my paperwork and grades out on time, and kept the attention of teenagers, through my wardrobe if nothing else. So you'd think I could stop looking like an idiot in front of that new social studies teacher. Alas, no. Repeatedly, no.

Better to focus all my screw ups in one spot, I guess, that to scatter them about the building, but damn. For the record, I am not the stupid one. A little scattered sometimes, and last week, for sure. But really, I'm actually competent. I swear.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Do tell! What could you have done that made you look incompetent??

Allison said...

It is hard to imagine, isn't it?