left our open thread: McCain imPalin?

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

McCain imPalin?


Not after what I just saw.

After all the media vetting this week, I can only conclude John McCain may be on to something with his choice of Sarah Palin as his running mate. She can certainly deliver a fine speech -- maybe a bit sarcastic, but consider the target audience -- and, as a Repugnant friend said, ain't bad to look at.

I never fell for the theory that she was selected to woo Hillary Clinton supporters. They couldn't be more different. Except in this respect. After all the suppositions and innuendo of the past week, Palin hung tough and delivered a rousing speech. At it's conclusion, she was joined on stage by her typical American family (except none were obese).

Even with a friendly audience, that's tough duty after what they've been through. The same could be said of the Clintons.

So I take back my assertion that McCain doesn't really want to be president. I still think, hope, expect, demand, etc. that Barack Obama wins. But at least now the VP debate will be compelling.

1 Comment:

Allison said...

Can't I add a "things that make my head explode" tag from here?