left our open thread: The fifth season: football

Sunday, September 07, 2008

The fifth season: football


My love for baseball is well documented, but nothing compares to football. In the span of a Thursday-to-Monday weekend, I will have witnessed two games live and one (plus) on TV of my favorite teams. So far, "we're" 0-2.

The 3rd-ranked Warriors lost to 5th-ranked Iowa City High 27-23 Thursday night. The Kohawks lost 21-6 to Augustana Saturday night. The Packers host the Vikings Monday night in the first game of the post-Favre era.

Meanwhile, the Warrior baseball team crushed the Iowa Bandits 15-4 this afternoon in fall baseball. Not that I didn't care, but this has to be the least amount of NFL football I've watched on any single weekend since 1972.

Oh, and Iowa beat Florida International (though they'd prefer to be called FIU) 42-0.

And how about those Rams?!

1 Comment:

Allison said...

The Hams?

Best comment of the day came at the meaningless Cardinals game, as we split our attention between the action on the field and the NFL updates on my phone. "Oh, well," said a masochistic diehard: "at least they sucked as a team!"