left our open thread: Status Report

Monday, December 24, 2007

Status Report


T minus four hours and counting, maybe three, give or take. Many rooms of my home are more or less clean, and the guest who has never been here before has been instructed not to open any door she encounters that is temptingly closed. Have I mentioned that I really like my brother's new girlfriend? I have wrapped some presents, though not all that will be exchanged even tonight. I have baked my favorite molasses cookies, and my daughter's favorites and more, but not enough to distribute to everyone who usually gets them, and if the butter keeps on softening for the others I'd like to eat it'll be a puddle on the counter. I have the ingredients for dinner, though I haven't touched them as of yet, and to top it off I've conceded the preparation of the meat. I guess you could say Martha Stewart has nothing on me, at least not this year. Oh, well. Somehow we'll survive it.

0 Comments: