left our open thread: Not only woulda been cool, was

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Not only woulda been cool, was


If I'd have known we were posting seizure-inducing video, I would have flipped to the next setting on my digital camera, but as it is the still-shot will have to do. Because I must have been somewhere cool, as I have the "I was there" (and you were not) KSHE bumper sticker to prove it.

While I cannot say that Van Halen's "Dreams" on a 12-string acoustic guitar was the religious experience for me that it was for many of the 1499 other folks who crowded into the Pageant last night, I gotta say it was cool (relax, collaborator. I'm not saying it was Springsteen). Sammy & The Wabos are always fun, and you gotta give the aging but somehow ageless lead singer credit for making a bajillion dollars doing what he loves to do. It must be good to be king (of St. Louis in the summertime). Plus, there was the nice drunk girl sharing her $57 worth of Waboritas, and Hoosier Haiku in the parking lot as we waited for freaking ever to get in, and Sammy himself chasing us down the alley in a tricked out Mustang as we searched for, and then lucked into, a parking space. On the other hand, let's hope there's no way of knowing if one of us coulda won the end-of-the-night drawings we were not present to win, as the prospect of two more hours with the "you shore look purdy tonight" crowd did plum lose its charm once the band left the stage and the DVD premiered. But hey! I was there! And you! were not!

0 Comments: