left our open thread: But it's finger lickin' good

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

But it's finger lickin' good


Though I have no idea why it ended up in my inbox, except to demonstrate that the gmail spam filters are human after all, I must say these are the most compelling paragraphs I've read all day:

Looking for that perfect Valentine's Day dinner plan? Many lovebirds say that a quiet night at home enjoying good (and simple) food like KFC ranked higher than a night out at a fancy restaurant as the ideal date. The KFC "Valentine's Dining and Dating Poll" of more than 300,000 men and women revealed that six in 10 respondents thought a quiet night at home was the way to go.

If you've been stressing about Valentine's Day dinner reservations, stop by KFC for a bucket of the Colonel's Original Recipe Chicken.
Sure, I'd insist on a background check first, but I want to meet this guy (and/or gal as the case may be), the one who reads that suggestion and reacts with an enthusiastic "Yes! I will bring home a big bucket of greasy, discount chicken and call it romance. Thank you, KFC, for bailing me out again!" I'm not sure he and/or she exists, but if he and/ or she does I would love to spend two minutes with him and/or her to hear the answer to the obvious yet burning question: "What are you thinking?!"

I realize it's possible someone (Tavin, for instance) has a legitimate Valentine reason for going through the KFC drive thru tomorrow; truth be told, the first meal I ever shared with man I eventually married was White Castle, and at some point a reprise of that bad fast food probably would have seemed sweet. But, otherwise, even I, who refuse to be too beholden to the Hallmark/Valentine's Day machine, am pretty sure bad fast food inspired by corporate junk mail never says I love you. "See you tomorrow, after the Immodium kicks in": yes. "Happy Valentine's Day": no.

0 Comments: