left our open thread: My Lucky Day

Monday, December 01, 2008

My Lucky Day




It wasn't, really. So many things went wrong by 7:30 this morning that I had my first block kids imagine their own "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad" days for a journal assignment as I fixed the jammed printer, weeded through the crap left by last week's last-minute sub (the one who called me to confirm DIDN'T SHOW) and got the stuff together that I would have done before the bell had I not been 35 minutes later than intended because of a stalled garbage truck. (I'll skip the part about the crack-of-dawn computer problems, the misplaced phone, and the coat I couldn't find because I'd left it hanging on the door to the garage so as to streamline my morning.) It did get better. I didn't get anything done, but I had fun with some kids. And now I'm really smiling.

0 Comments: