left our open thread: no news

Monday, August 04, 2008

no news


The last time I tried to watch to watch a press conference streaming down from Green Bay, I was at school--it must have been lunch time--trying to force my antique PC into doing something which is sadly beyond it. I remember trying to explain to my omnipresent audience why I was standing on my chair with foil and coathangers--or, you know, the electronic equivalent--why I was so intent on trying to watch a grown man cry.

This was so not that. For one thing, it didn't happen, (even once to be later reversed). For fifteen minutes I had a perfectly clear view of an empty podium, and, every time I clicked off the mute, perfectly audible reception of reporters shooting the shit. But the feature event never occurred. Supposedly coach and quarterback are still talking, near three hours later. And yeah, I would think they would have some things to say. I'm gonna choose to take that as a good sign. Anyway, that means that tonight's press conference--which I expect will be fairly content-free though I feel compelled to watch it--will instead take place some time tomorrow. When, for the first time in months, I shall be back in my classroom with its collection of barely functional technology from the prior century. Shall I be saved from my obsession? Only if the network's down. I now know the Journal-Sentinel will live blog it.

1 Comment:

Lonnie said...

How far we've advanced as a society.