left our open thread: Bad math

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bad math


Rules are rules, and if they are not followed, well. I have no one else to blame. You'd think by now I'd remember the consequence of not having the music up loud enough in the car: first one thought creeps in, and then another, and before I realize what doomed path I'm on, I've calculated that my first students, seventh graders from out on the prairie, must be nearly thirty! Twenty-nine at least. Good lord. Good grief! And to think I've gone more than a year without having a seizure.

2 Comments:

Hippo said...

I'm sure a lot of your coworkers are younger than those students!!

Glad you have been seizure-free, and hope it stays that way.

I'm still waiting for some great mathematician to figure out how everyone else can grow older so much faster than I am. :)

Allison said...

TINA. You are not helping. But yes. I could have been Miss M to half the social studies department, at least, not to mention Phys Ed, and that one girl in science, the new reading teacher kid, driver's ed. . .

Holy moly.