left our open thread: just sad

Saturday, August 02, 2008

just sad


I never watch the TV news; I just don't need the hype. And I suppose I am out of the loop. I've pretty much lost track of which blonde belongs on which local channel and which weather guy and/or gal stands in front of which highly sophisticated radar map. I am not, however, uninformed. I read all kinds of news though there's no paper involved, even when I bother to bring the one in from the driveway. It's just easier to click, even when, like this, it's hard. My thanks to the reporter who somehow wrote the story gently, and my thoughts and prayers to the family, friends, and teammates.

1 Comment:

Hippo said...

Yes, very sad. The mommy-bear in me wants to find something to change, some way to protect and keep this from happening to my kid or anyone else's kid. But as the article says at the end, it's just about accepting. Being sad, and accepting.

(((hugs))))