left our open thread: 20/650

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

20/650


So now I've gone and done it. The bane of my existence has long been that I cannot find my glasses without my glasses. Save a lucky grope or an unlucky footfall, if I forget where I put them, I am stranded until someone decides to give me some help. My eyes may have other endearing qualities, such as the ability to change color to match my outfit, but they pretty much don't work. Pity then that I really haven't been able to find my glasses for coming up on a month. Oh, of course I have my contacts; the other choice would be one of those really great dogs. I'm just being perverse in my delay to replace a necessity--sticking a lens in my eye first thing is not my first choice. I just can't believe that after--oh, let's just say MANY years, since sixth grade--I lost a pair of glasses. How ridiculous! Good grief. When they didn't turn up in my luggage, I kept hoping that Denver hotel would respond to my pleas and cough them up; I know that's where they are. Or were. I'm sure they've been donated to some good cause. But on the off chance you see a really nearsighted housekeeper with some fairly cute frames, tell her not to forget where she puts them down.

0 Comments: