left our open thread: Parents strongly cautioned (against watching this obnoxious video)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Parents strongly cautioned (against watching this obnoxious video)




When we left The Simpsons Movie tonight at the very, very end of the very, very last credit (wow, it takes a lot of Koreans to animate 90 minutes of comedy) to make sure we caught the very, very last joke, the Mr. noted that it had been a PG-13 film.

"Are you serious? Because Bart was naked? Surely not. Because Otto had a bong?"

The world that we live in, I swear. And while I'm not sure I'm up to googling nude Bart Simpson, cartoon character or not, I have learned that the movie got the "Parents strongly cautioned" label for "irreverent humor throughout." Of course! It got the rating I associate with movies that are scary or violent but designed to do big box office because it's funny! That seems about right.

The video clip is the "nude scene", by the way, though Bart is about as anatomically correct as a Ken doll. I include it mostly because I'm amused that in Germany, Homer apparently sounds like a chicken.

Oh, and what are the cops saying? "Stop in the name of American squeamishness!"

HA ha.

0 Comments: