left our open thread: Lest we forget

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Lest we forget


This story makes me so angry that I can't compose a coherent sentence (I know, what's new), so you'll have to read about this administration's oh-so-typical cover-its-collective-ass-non-response to the formaldyhyde that was sickening hundreds of the occupants of the trailers that FEMA finally provided yourself.

I did, however, like this response, though at the moment it strikes me as perhaps a bit too kind:

"But other lawmakers charged that FEMA's response augurs poorly for the nation's emergency preparedness. "I haven't seen this level of government incompetence outside of the nation of China. . . . And they executed an official in China for not having done their job," said Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.), alleging parallels in lax consumer regulations and an uncaring government.

"No one is asking for that here, but how about a simple application of the golden rule?"

0 Comments: