left our open thread: alert

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

alert


I know the girl has no school today: the cancellation for snow has been confirmed via websites and e-mail. I suppose it's on TV. Now I'm waiting for the phone to ring so I can go back to bed. The snow day robocall is one of my favorite technologies, though today I think I woke up at my usual pre-dawn time because I had not heard it. I got up to see instead of laying in anticipation, and now I'm stuck in this twilight as the machine works its way to P. Doomed to be awake, I have checked the list for neighbors and teacher-friends(good for all of you). I have fiddled with the reluctant furnace. I have scanned the headlines and learned, if that's the word, that, "Local ERs expect increase in slips, falls after storm." Good to know I'm not the only one sleepwalking through the morning.

0 Comments: