left our open thread: Are you kidding me?

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Are you kidding me?


That has become my typical response when the corner "convenience" store attendant informs me they're out of my brand of smokes. The only convenient part is they're the cheapest in town -- of the cut-rate brand I selected after the state raised the tax.

I'm smoking less these days, but I've always been a pack-at-a-time consumer (vacations excluded). But when I go to buy a pack, there ought to be one to buy.

Have you ever stopped for gas and the tanks were empty? Me neither.

I'm sure I could get a Red Bull -- or a HoHo -- whenever I wanted. Isn't that convenient?

1 Comment:

Allison said...

All I can tell you is the more ridiculous the price of gas gets (don't even start, Miriam), the more likely it is the seemingly available pump I maneuver to at the most popular QuikTrip in town won't have any gas available after all. WHY? If people have the cash to be hoarding, I want their jobs.

I have no information re: the availability of cigarettes or RedBull or Ho Hos.