left our open thread: Joke of the Day, Except It's Not A Joke Edition

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Joke of the Day, Except It's Not A Joke Edition


So the teacher e-mails the guidance counselor to confirm the origin of the new new kid.


"You said he's from Colombia. Is that right?"

"No, Hades," she types out just like that. H-a-d-e-s.

I pick up the phone.

"Hades?"

"Yeah, Hades."

(Insert pause full of furious brainstorming.)

"HAITI?!?"

She agrees that the kid is from Haiti. I, ladies and gentlemen, am the one in Hell.

2 Comments:

Tina said...

OMG - how far in the boondocks do you live?!?!? Hades?!??!?

That's just frightening.

Allison said...

a) I don't live there.
b) That particular gal actually is from the boondocks.
c) STILL!
d) Did I mention I don't live there? Because I never, ever would.