left our open thread: multi

Friday, November 13, 2009

multi


Today's one of those days when I look up from correcting the Portuguese spelling (not that I know uma palavra of Portuguese) in a letter home to a family who doesn't realize that the location of their new apartment will require the deeply SPED son to change schools while talking to a graduate who has stopped by discuss his moral turpitude immigration problem and college applications while putting together a Spring schedule for the Vietnamese newcomer who is terrified of change while supervising make-up work for the kid who is suddenly failing my Civics class while explaining the Industrial Revolution and nativism and the need to keep trying to a girl whose history teacher has just told her she's not worth her time and she might as well quit while trying to get ready for my next class while loaning lunch money while making a note to check with the clinic about the ringworm and the pinkeye and the teenage miscarriage while my lunch grows cold and it occurs to me: there must be an easier way.

0 Comments: