left our open thread: Visiting

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Visiting


I may be a tourist, but at least I am a tourist who walks fast, stays out of the way, and knows how to use public transportation.

I'm just sayin'.

But then again, given that a fair number of establishments here can also be found at Disney World, maybe it's too much to expect visitors to act any different. Just an observation.

Not that I don't love the Chicago part of Chicago, as my resident friend once described it. Except for the sports teams, it's got so much goin' for it if I'd ended up here as part of that twenty-something Midwest tour, I don't think I'd ever have gotten home.

Another life, perhaps.

Meanwhile, it's time to head back to where the pizza is cracker-thin and the public transportation is non-existent. I'm looking forward to being there, too.

2 Comments:

hekates said...

Salt Lake City was bar none the worst place I have ever walked as a pedestrian because of the locals. They stand in the way, block access to areas in shops in a way that almost seems intentional, will virtually refuse to step to one side when someone else is walking on the other side of the side walk (a couple of times I said I'm just gonna walk into this person.)

Also wretched, wretched driving. And remember, I drove in Boston (not as bad as that, but really inexplicable driving behavoir.)

Allison said...

Huh.

I never woulda guessed.